How To Apply
Received By Tue May 29, 2018
- Your name and voice type;
- The role(s) you are interested in, or no preference;
- The date you would like to audition, or no preference;
- An updated resume (pdf only) and headshot (jpg only) as attachments
Audition Location and Dates
Downtown Portland, OR USA:
Fri 1st June 2018 – Sun 3rd June 2018
Please prepare at least three selections for your audition.
1. An aria from ANY time period, in ANY language
–We want to hear you at your best! Please start with the aria that you feel best represents your artistry.
2. An ENGLISH song or aria from ANY time period
3. A CONTEMPORARY ENGLISH song or aria
You are welcome to prepare as many additional selections as you would like, but they are not required.
Pianist will be provided, but you may bring your own pianist
If you choose to use our provided pianist, you will be charged a fee of $10 at the time of the audition.
Portland, OR United States
The Little Prince (2003)
Music by Rachel Portman
Libretto by Nicholas Wright
We are holding auditions for the following roles:
– The Little Prince (originally written for boy soprano)
*For the title role of The Little Prince, we will consider auditions from boy/girl sopranos (treble voices), and countertenors, sopranos, and mezzo sopranos of all ages. In this production, The Little Prince will be portrayed as a young boy, which will be reflected in our casting.
– The Rose (soprano)
– The Water (soprano)
– The Snake / Vain Man / Male Quartet (tenor)
– Lamplighter / Drunkard / Male Quartet (tenor)
– Businessman / Male Quartet (baritone)
– The King / Male Quartet (bass)
*Roles in the Children’s Choir will be auditioned at a later date.
October 01, 2018 – December 02, 2018
Opera Theater Oregon will present the Portland, OR premiere of Rachel Portman’s The Little Prince on November 30, December 1, and December 2, 2018. The opera is based on Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s novella of the same name. The production wil be mounted at Portland’s Winningstad Theatre with orchestra.
Musical rehearsals are scheduled to begin on October 1, and staging rehearsals are scheduled to begin on October 29.